Here at Lazysister HQ we believe breakfast is THE most important meal of the day, BUT, like most of you guys we have very little time to get the pan out any given weekday and cook up a luxurious omelet or eggs florentine and then sit around every day, pondering life while we sip on an espresso.Although leisurely breakfasts are lovely, we reserve that for weekends. So, what do we do to get the morning calories in while maintaining that #lazylifestyle? We think up on-the-go meals.
One of our biggest staple breakfasts is Lazy Gluten Free Oatmeal Breakfast Bars!
Gluten Free Oatmeal Breakfast Bars Recipe
- 4 cups Gluten Free Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
- 2 cups Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup quality EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place Oats, Oat Flour, Nuts, Cranberries, Salt, and Cinnamon Powder into a large bowl, mix well using a silicone spatula, or your hands (that’s what the gloves are for!)
- Pour Orange Juice and EVOO on top, and mix all the ingredients really well. Using your hands here works best, as you can get the better tomix really well. If you have a fancy food mixer at home, obviously that would work as well.
- Spread batter on a sheet pan. Make sure the pan is either well oiled, or covered with baking paper.
- Once the oven is at 375°, bake the bars for 30 minutes or until just golden.
- Remove from oven, and cut into roughly 2″x3″ slices to enjoy all week. We cut a whole pan into 12 breakfast bars.